Flavio, the father, spoke to his daughter all the time when she was in the womb.
That’s the interpretation of the photo shared by Flavio Vilela, the father, and his wife, Tarsila Rosa. (Many experts doubt that a newborn’s smiles are a reaction to external stimuli and not a mere reflex, but others would contest that.)
Indeed, this photo is the first one on the Instagram account that Antonella’s parents created to share photos of her, with texts speaking in Antonella’s voice. In this case, they accompanied the photo with a text saying, “When I saw my family for the first time.”
Her father, Flavio, shared the photo on his own account as well, accompanied by this text:
“I don’t know how to explain the sensation I felt at that moment. Every day, I talked with my daughter in her mother’s womb. I always told her that I loved her, that daddy was there and that I’d be the best father in the world! When she was born, you see how she paid me back? With that smile that’s more than happy. Love that doesn’t fit inside your chest!”
Her mother, Tarsila, also shared the photo on her account, with this simple commentary: “A gift sent me by my Lord …”
Many blessings and much happiness to their family!
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!