The organization hopes to inspire its member agencies to come up with fresh ideas to help the needy.
Sister Donna Markham OP, PhD, president and CEO of Catholic Charities USA (CCUSA), announced Thursday the establishment of the CCUAA Innovation challenge. All member agencies are invited to submit their applications by January 31, 2020.
“I want to provide our ministry a platform to think creatively and innovatively about how they address the needs they encounter in their community every day,” said Sister Donna.
“This challenge serves as a catalyst to encourage ideas that lead to systemic change in the way they address poverty,” she said.
Catholic Charities agencies offer those in need assistance with housing, food and health care, and provide help to immigrants, refugees, and those faced with natural disasters.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!