The prayer asks God to increase a love of the Bible in our hearts.
Whatever the case may be, we could all use a little more love of sacred scripture, that divine “love letter” from God.
Below is a short prayer written by St. John Paul II that asks God for a deeper love of his word.
Jesus, power and wisdom of God,
inspire in us a love for Sacred Scripture
in which is heard the voice of the Father which enlightens, inflames, nourishes and consoles.
Word of the living God, renew missionary zeal in the Church,
that all peoples may come to know you, true Son of God and true son of man,
the one mediator between man and God.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!