Sure, the Nationals’ improbable victory was inspiring, but take a look at the classy response from the losers.
Losing sometimes brings out the worst in people (see the now infamous treatment visiting Astros fans received at Yankee Stadium). While it must have been painful to lose four games at home in the World Series, especially for a team that had MLB’s best record at home (60-21), Houston Astros fans have shown themselves to be not just really good sports, but apparently really decent people. Check out these 10 tweets that should make Houston proud:
An Astros fan who felt the need to take out an ad complimenting Nationals fans:
What happened when a Nationals fan met an Astros fan at the airport:
What it was like for a Nationals fan to meet Astros fans at Nationals Park:
What it was like to be a Nationals fan in Houston’s Minute Maid Park:
And this …
And finally, this …
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!