One couple found hope and love after betrayal.
Nicola had a 5-year relationship with another woman, but he didn’t find the happiness he’d hoped for. He fell into depression, but right at the darkest moment… “The Lord opened my eyes: I was searching for love, but the woman who gave me her love had always been near me.”
Antonella and Nicola began the path of Retrouvaille, a Christian association that helps couples in crisis. Antonella says, “I wasn’t able to go back to being with Nicola because I felt it in my heart, but because I’d made a decision.” They learned to dialogue, to share their feelings, and to forgive each other.
“A relationship,” Nicola says, “can have a major crisis, but if you face it, it can become more beautiful than before. As in the Gospel of the Wedding at Cana, the best wine is the one which is served at the end.”
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!