Esmeralda Solís Gonzáles has learned a lot about how to know where God is calling you.
The 22-year-old, who was raised Catholic, first met with the Poor Clares when she was 14 and the sisters made a big impression on her. Although she won the beauty title that most girls dream of, it wasn’t her heart’s desire. She believed God’s timing allowed her to experience the more normal life of a young woman before turning to her religious vocation.
Her story is inspiring for young women all over the world, and you can discover more about the novice in the interview she did with the Catholic News Agency, reported in the National Catholic Register. However, we’ve selected some of our favorite pearls of wisdom by the postulant, which will hopefully guide you in your spiritual life, even if you’re not called to a religious vocation.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!