It is a short prayer that can be prayed over and over again as you fall asleep.
One such prayer that can be prayed over and over again, often focusing on your breath, is a prayer inspired by Psalm 31. The rest of the prayer is taken from the Golden Manual, a book of prayerful devotions from the mid-19th century.
Into your hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit. You have redeemed me, O Lord God of truth. I will sleep in peace, and take my rest.
It is a prayer of resignation, giving to God everything that you are and allowing him to grant you a peaceful night’s sleep.
If you find yourself laying in bed and wondering what to do, try praying this short prayer and letting yourself rest under the watchful care of God, your Heavenly Father.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!