It is a short prayer that can be prayed over and over again as you fall asleep.
One such prayer that can be prayed over and over again, often focusing on your breath, is a prayer inspired by Psalm 31. The rest of the prayer is taken from the Golden Manual, a book of prayerful devotions from the mid-19th century.
Into your hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit. You have redeemed me, O Lord God of truth. I will sleep in peace, and take my rest.
It is a prayer of resignation, giving to God everything that you are and allowing him to grant you a peaceful night’s sleep.
If you find yourself laying in bed and wondering what to do, try praying this short prayer and letting yourself rest under the watchful care of God, your Heavenly Father.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!