Thanks to the work of Catholic Charities, a family is finally reunited.
After four years of separation, the father finally joined his family, meeting his three-year-old son for the first time, all thanks to the hard work and determination of two women from Catholic Charities, as reported in WASBST.
The two Fort Worth moms, Mollie and Mary Claire, volunteered with the charity that helps resettle refugees. After meeting Alik they forged a close friendship that led to the two women being at Alik’s side when she gave birth to her third child. And with the help of their church group the two women adopted Alik and her children into their community and fought tirelessly to reunite the vulnerable mom and her children with Dyan.
Thanks to endless letters and meetings with politicians, lawyers, and social workers, the women achieved what many thought was impossible: the reunion of Dyan with his family four years later at the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport.
The heart-warming video shows the moment the couple are reunited and the children get to see their daddy for the first time in four years, and for the youngest three-year-old child, the first time ever.
The video doesn’t just sum up the joy and gratitude of the family members and those involved in their story, but it is the perfect reminder during the Christmas season that we are called to live in faith and hope, and to care for those in need.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!