This is being a big brother.
Thanks to his impressive fitness levels and an incredibly loving heart, Noah runs, cycles, and swims with his younger sibling by his side. This sporting achievement is an opportunity for both boys to cherish as Lucas was born with lissencephaly — a malformation of the brain, leaving him unable to walk, talk, or feed himself.
The dynamic duo are fast becoming veterans in the sport, with a dedicated Facebook page, “Noah and Lucas Aldrich – Triathlon brothers,” detailing their endeavors.
In the many photos and videos we can see Noah swimming in the pool or lake while pulling his brother in a little boat; pushing Lucas in an adapted buggy while running; and pedaling with his little brother in a seat behind him. It’s a collection of memories of two boys having the time of their lives despite Lucas’ disabilities. It’s Noah caring more about his brother than coming first: the fact his brother is with him makes it a win in any case.
Their story shows the utter joy and happiness to be had with a sibling. Despite the severity of Lucas’ disabilities he’s proving that he’s ready to enjoy the very best of life, with big brother Noah by his side.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!