Several legends tell us that angels helped build the city of Puebla, Mexico, and even the large bell on top of the cathedral was placed there by angels themselves.
Sanctuary of the Lady of Remedios
At the top of a hill in Cholula sits this big orange church. It was settled on an important archaeological area, on top of one of the largest pyramids of Latin America. It began as a very small church back in the late 1500s, but after an earthquake in 1864 it was rebuilt as a monumental construction.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!