A moving video of many Aussies’ showing their deep appreciation.
This week, 20 firefighters from the Angeles National Forest arrived at Sydney International Airport after a long journey to help their Australian counterparts, who are worn out after months of trying to rescue people, wildlife, and land. Their arrival brings the total number of American firefighters to over 150 men and women who are sharing their courage, strength, and expertise to help during these horrific fires.
It’s a reciprocal relationship that has developed over the years, that saw a similar number of Australian firefighters come to the rescue of Californians during the fires of 2018. With another 100 American firefighters expected to arrive in the coming days, we hope and pray these remarkable men and women can make a powerful impact in extinguishing the fires.
Australians are deeply appreciate, as shown in this video when members of the public at the airport showed their gratitude to the new arrivals:
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!