The Catholic priest, who became famous after appearing on ‘X-Factor,’ is returning to his acoustic roots.
Father Rob has spent the last few years producing Catholic music of a modern variety. His song “Dominoes,” which he produced with Gary and Natasha Pinto, is full of electronic accompaniment and vocal effects. The song is a perfect encapsulation of modern pop, with faithful lyrics that added great evangelical value.
Another example of his cutting-edge musical style can be seen in Galea’s 2019 “Our Father,” which used electronic sounds to create a rhythmless atmosphere to accompany the melody of the Lord’s Prayer.
With his acoustic recordings, Galea returns to his roots, and sounds a lot more like he did back in 2015, when his appearance on The X Factor helped his musical career take off. Our favorite of these tunes is “Angel,” featured above, which has a gripping melody that takes unexpected turns.
Even in an acoustic setting, Galea likes to toy around with genre, which makes sense when you can sing so many of them well. “Higher than the Clouds,” for instance, has fast-paced rap verses that he sings almost with a Jamaican inflection. We especially liked his guitar work on this track, which provided a catchy rhythm for the wonderful solo that pianist Timothy Li provided.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!