Now, while we have our senses and faculties, let us ask Jesus for his mercy.
Here is a prayer to help:
Oh my crucified Jesus, I beg of You to receive the prayer I now offer Thee for my last moment, when, having desired a holy death, all my senses have failed me.
At my last moments when therefore my sweetest Jesus, my eyes, languid and sunken, can no longer look upon Thee, remember this loving look which I now turn to Thee, and have mercy on me.
When my lips, dried up, can no longer kiss Thy most sacred Wounds, remember these kisses which I now give Thee, and have mercy on me.
When my cold and numbed hands can no longer clasp Thy Cross, remember the times that I held Your Crucifix with love and devotion, and have mercy on me.
And when my tongue, swollen and immovable, can no longer speak, remember my present prayers, and have mercy on me.
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, I commend to you my soul.
Lord Jesus crucified, have mercy on me, a sinner!
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place my trust in Thee.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!