The Super Bowl-bound Butker talks about his faith in this EWTN interview.
Kansas City Chiefs’ place kicker Harrison Butker may not be a household name, but the sure-footed 24-year-old could end up being the deciding factor in a game that is expected to come down to the wire. He is second in NFL history in career field goal percentage with 89.7%.
In an interview with EWTN last year, Butker talked about how he was raised Catholic, but, like many teens, began to lose his faith in his high school years. In the interview, he explains how talking with a Catholic teammate at Georgia Tech led him back to the sacrament of Confession, where he experienced a powerful conversion of heart.
Watch the entire interview here:
And check out the Knights of Columbus video on Butker’s faith journey here:
Coincidentally, another Catholic kicker, the Baltimore Raven’s Justin Tucker, holds first place for highest field goal percentage with a 96.6% over his career. Tucker has also been open about his faith, and has made headlines here for singing “Ave Maria.”
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!