Many biblical characters begged God for healing, and their prayers remain powerful examples for us.
Whatever our situation might be, we shouldn’t be afraid to cry out to God for healing. He always answers our prayers, and while that doesn’t guarantee a miraculous return to full health, sometimes it does.
A good place to turn is the Bible, where many biblical characters asked God for healing. Some of them were fully healed, while others were strengthened in their faith. We can make these prayers our own and ask God to heal us, whether in body or soul.
1Heal me, Lord, that I may be healed; save me, that I may be saved, for you are my praise. (Jeremiah 17:14)
2In their distress they cried to the Lord, who saved them in their peril, Sent forth his word to heal them, and snatched them from the grave. Let them thank the Lord for his mercy, such wondrous deeds for the children of Adam. (Psalm 107:19-21)
3Bless the Lord, my soul; and do not forget all his gifts, Who pardons all your sins, and heals all your ills. (Psalm 103:2-3)
4Jesus, Master! Have pity on us! And when he saw them, he said, Go show yourselves to the priests. As they were going they were cleansed. (Luke 17:13-14)
5Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word and my servant will be healed. (Matthew 8:8)
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!