We can’t go to church, so we’re bringing the hymns to you!
It can be hard to remain mindful of one’s faith when worshiping from home, especially while surrounded by anxiety over this unprecedented world crisis. Catholic faithful the world over are left seeking ways to bring the proper reverence of the season into their isolation. For this, we suggest decorating your time with the heavenly sounds of traditional and ancient Catholic hymns.
There are an abundance of downright gorgeous hymns in the Catholic Church, and no season’s music is more emotionally charged than Easter’s. As this holy time celebrates the sacrifice and ultimate victory of Christ over death, the music of Holy Week, especially from the Triduum to Easter Sunday, range from mournful, heart-rending dirges to jubilant songs of praise and celebration.
We’ve assembled a playlist of some of our favorite hymns and songs for Holy Week. As the days progress, we suggest keeping it handy to revisit it from time to time, in order to enhance your prayer and keep yourself mindful of this most holy Catholic season.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!