Wanting to show some solidarity, the businessman thoughtfully found a perfect place for his redundant stock.
Romain Banilat, the business owner, explained that the plants grown in his greenhouses had a limited shelf life. In fact, after two weeks they would have to be thrown out. Considering the quarantine period in France is going to go well beyond that, Banilat decided he’d take all the plants to a local cemetery and decorate the graves that would have to remain unvisited during the lockdown.
Sharing his photos on Facebook, Banilat explained that he decided to carry out this kind act since he was aware that his customers wouldn’t be able to collect flowers themselves to lay on the graves of loved ones. He explained that he did this act purely out of a show of solidarity, and not for his own interests, stating “I think that in moments like this we must really join together. Even if we’re all going to find it difficult at the end of the crisis, we’ll be stronger, more solid, greater … be patient.”
With generous and thoughtful gestures like this, we may just find that post-coronavirus we’ll be able to see the good in the world with a little more clarity.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!