Let’s not forget the older members of our family, who need us very much at this time.
On top of these existing mental health concerns comes our current situation with COVID-19, which is sometimes being referred to as “the grandparents’ disease” as the elderly are most likely to die from the virus. All of this heaps additional stress on the elderly and exacerbates mental health challenges already present.
Just as we plan activities for our children at home, let’s not forget the older members of our family, who also need us very much at this time. Whether you live with them or they’re alone, here are some ideas for how we can help our older adults to have fun and feel useful and loved.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!