If you seem to always get distracted when praying the Rosary, try praying this prayer!
While there are various tactics that we can try to keep our mind focused on the Rosary, one alternative way is to start off by asking God for help to keep focused.
Here is a brief prayer from the Rosary Guide for Priests and People that renounces distractions and implores God for aid to keep our thoughts on him alone.
I renounce all the distractions which may come to me during this holy Rosary, which I wish to say with modesty, attention, and devotion, as if it were the last of my life.
Incline unto my aid, O God!
O Lord, make haste to help me.
Glory be to the Father…
May I give honor to you, O Holy Virgin.
Give me strength against the enemies that oppress me.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!