Peace must always begin in the heart.
Here is a short prayer found in an early 20th-century book, The German War and Catholicism, that still contains its relevance and provides for us a brief cry out to God that he may change the hearts of world leaders.
O God, inspire the nations and their rulers with thoughts of peace that the strife may soon cease which sets one nation against the other, and that love may re-bind torn mankind. Remember that you have redeemed men with your precious blood and has made them brothers. Amen.
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!