Playing the Son of God was no easy feat for some of Hollywood’s greatest talents.
For some, it was a role that defined their acting career, while other actors went on to play a range of other roles — Max von Sydow, for instance, even starred as the devil in a later film. Interestingly, many of the actors who have played Christ haven’t been Christian or even religious, yet many have spoken of the difficulty portraying Our Savior as both a man and the Son of God.
Here’s a selection of quotes that will give you a little insight in what it felt like to don the crown of thorns for these actors.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!