Publisher says he expects it will be a “spiritual classic.”
The journal is expected to be published in three or four volumes, said the editor, with the first installment being either a first abridged version or the first volume. It is planned for the summer of 2021.
“I think it’s going to be a spiritual classic,” said Fr. Fessio, noting both the cardinal’s good humor and love for his enemies.
Pell was convicted in 2018 of multiple counts of sexual abuse. He was released in April after 400 days of detention, when the High Court found “compounding improbabilities” and concluded that the verdicts on five counts reached in 2018 were “unreasonable or cannot be supported by the evidence.”
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!