You might want to get a copy of one for your walls at home!
So if you’re looking for some beautiful art depicting Our Lady and the Child Jesus — or you’d just like to see some exquisite paintings — take a look at these truly divine images of the Madonna and Child from around the world for inspiration.
You can also take the opportunity to use these paintings as a lesson to show your kids how other cultures perceive Mary, from the color of her headpiece, to her features, to her clothing. It’s an important lesson in how the Lord and his mother love each and every one of us and that love transcends time as well as all cultures, races, and borders.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!