The next time someone celebrates a birthday, you can say this prayer of blessing, found in the Bible, over them.
Besides that, there also is a popular prayer form the Bible that can be used to invoke God’s blessing upon someone on their birthday. The next time you celebrate someone’s birthday, you can say this prayer over them, or even just in your heart.
[May] the Lord bless you and keep you!
[May] the Lord let his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you!
[May] the Lord look upon you kindly and give you peace! (Numbers 6:24-26)
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!