When your friend is in need, pray this prayer to ask God’s blessing upon them.
Whatever it is, prayer is always an option, and we can ask for God’s blessing upon them. Here is a prayer adapted from a Manual of Prayers that can be said for any occasion when your friend is in need.
Preserve, O Lord, my friend(s) N. N., for whose health, happiness, and prosperity I humbly offer up these my prayers. Give them grace to correspond to that state and condition of life in which you have placed them; direct them in all their ways; defend them against all their enemies; and remove, according to your mercy, the heavy burden of their suffering. Give them, I humbly ask you, patience in suffering, resignation to your will, and perseverance in your service. Amen.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!