When you are struggling to resist a temptation, ask God for help.
Our will wants one thing, while God’s will wants another.
It is impossible to fight against such a temptation alone, and it is absolutely necessary to take this battle straight to God.
Here is a prayer adapted from My Prayer Book that can be used in such a circumstance, asking God to help you resist temptations.
I humbly ask you, Lord, through the infinite merits of your painful sufferings, give me strength and courage to destroy every evil passion and temptation which sways my heart, to bless you in my greatest afflictions, to glorify you by the exact fulfillment of my duties, supremely to hate all sin, and thus to become a saint. Amen.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!