4. Church of Panagia (The Virgin) Phorviotissa (Asinou) Nikitari
From the outside the Church of Panagia Prousiotissa Nikitari could easily be mistaken for a local rustic home. It is actually a sumptuous church built between 1099 and 1105 by a local magistrate, who took religious vows after the passing of his wife. Inside it features rare frescoes dating to the Byzantine school known as “Komneian,” popular during the reign of the Komnenos dynasty.