If you know someone who is sick, pray this prayer for them.
While sickness remains a mystery to many of us, we can still call out to God for healing, especially for someone we know who is struggling with a sickness.
Here is a prayer from the early 20th-century My Prayer Book that asks for the restoration to health of any sick person.
Most merciful Jesus, who are the consolation and salvation of all who put their trust in you, we humbly beseech you, by your most bitter passion, grant the recovery of health to your servant N.N., provided this be for his/her soul’s welfare, that with us he/she may praise and magnify your holy name. Amen.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!