Pray these short prayers to keep Heaven always on your mind.
Yet, Heaven is supposed to be our goal in life, and we are called to do all that we can in this world to reach the Eternal Shores of beatitude.
Here are a few short prayers we can memorize and say throughout the day, taken from the early 20th-century My Prayer Book.
My God, when shall I behold your infinite beauty when shall I behold you face to face?
In paradise I shall love you, and you will love me for all eternity, my God and my All!
My Jesus, when shall I behold you and kiss those wounds which were inflicted on you for my sake?
O Mary, when shall I find myself at the feet of the Mother who has loved and aided me so tenderly?
My sweet Protectress, turn to me your eyes of mercy. Take me from this land of exile, and show me the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!