No matter how dark the world gets, it is important to place our hope in God.
This can easily lead to feelings of discouragement and hopelessness. However, Christians should never lose hope, for we realize that God is in control and can bring good out of any darkness. The crucifix is the most clear sign of this reality.
Here is an Act of Hope that can be prayed each morning, starting your day in hope rather than in fear.
I hope in you, Lord, because you are omnipotent, most merciful, and faithful to your promises; I hope to obtain the pardon of my sins, the grace to live a holy life, to die a happy death, and to obtain life everlasting, through the merits of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Redeemer.
You, Lord, are in control, let me always place my hope in you.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!