Express your love of God, who showed his love for you on the cross.
Here are a few short prayers that can be said when passing a crucifix, returning to God your love and acknowledging the great sacrifice he made for you.
You gave yourself entirely to me; I now give myself entirely to you.
You did not abandon me when I strayed away from you; abandon me not, I ask you, now that I would seek you.
Sweet Jesus, let me not be separated from you. Who can separate me from the love of Jesus?
Lord Jesus Christ, by your sufferings when your pure and innocent soul left your most holy body, have pity on my poor soul when it shall leave my body. Amen.
My Jesus, you died for love of me; I would die for love of you.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!