When the Church is going through hard times, ask St. Joseph for help and protection.
In a particular way, St. Joseph is a perfect intercessor during times of trial. His presence can help preserve unity within the Church and bring peace during difficulties.
Here is a prayer from My Prayer Book that encapsulates all of these sentiments and cries out to St. Joseph for help.
O most watchful Guardian of the Divine Family, defend the Church. Ward off from us every contagion of error and corrupting influence. O our most mighty Protector, look favorably upon us and from heaven assist us in this our struggle with the power of darkness; and, as once you rescued the Child Jesus from deadly peril, so now protect God’s holy Church from the snares of the enemy and from all adversity. Shield, too, each one of us by your constant protection, so that, supported by your example and your aid, we may be able to live virtuously, to die holily, and to obtain eternal happiness in heaven. Amen.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!