Her words can be a comfort to anyone who is struggling with loneliness.
Whatever your situation may be, St. Faustina provides for us a powerful prayer from her Diary that speaks right to the heart. It reminds us that Jesus is there for us and is our friend when all other friends have left us.
Jesus, Friend of a lonely heart, You are my haven, You are my peace.
You are my salvation, You are my serenity in moments of struggle and amidst an ocean of doubts.
You are the bright ray that lights up the path of my life.
You are everything to a lonely soul.
You understand the soul even though it remains silent.
You know our weaknesses, and like a good physician, You comfort and heal, sparing us sufferings — expert that You are.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!