Led by pastor Troy Thomas Sr., these strangers broke out in “This Little Light of Mine” and “Amazing Grace.”
Recently, when some passengers at Midway International Airport in Chicago were waiting for their flight, a pastor from Louisiana, Troy Thomas Sr., took the opportunity to make the most of this time by leading the group in song and prayer. From behind their masks, the “band of brothers” sang an uplifting rendition of This Little Light of Mine led by the enthusiastic pastor. There are also videos posted of the group singing a beautiful version of Amazing Grace.
You can see a lot of people singing along, appreciating the joyful spirit of the moment. There is never a moment of the day when we can’t invite God into our lives and bring hope and joy to others.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!