The Church’s first millennial Blessed has stirred the hearts of so many pilgrims, near and far.
Carlo Acutis became the first member of the millennial generation to be recognized as Blessed, with a beatification ceremony in Assisi on October 10.
The young computer whiz and his simple wisdom has caught the attention even of the secular world, with outlets such as NPR and the Associated Press covering his beatification.
Blessed Carlo’s remains will be open for viewing until Monday, to accommodate those who can visit over the weekend.
In the slideshow below, see 10 things Carlo teaches us, especially about love for the Eucharist.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!