If you have a difficult time starting your day on the right foot, try these spiritual habits.
The morning can often be the most difficult time of day for many people. It simply isn’t easy getting up, realizing all the many responsibilities you may have during the day.
If you are looking for inspiration, here are 5 spiritual ways you can refresh your morning routine.
Click on the links below to learn more about each spiritual habit.
- Don’t hit the snooze button – Not hitting that snooze button becomes an opportunity to consecrate the first moments of the day to God, and helps strengthen other good habits during the rest of the day.
- Begin with a morning offering – One important habit that brings hope to each day is the custom of praying a morning prayer or morning offering. It begins the day with a look to God for guidance and placing everything — your thoughts, words, and deeds — in the hands of God.
- Spend time making a morning meditation – One beneficial practice is to begin with a morning meditation or prayer. This could be a reflection on a scripture passage, spiritual writing, or using a beloved prayer book. Whatever it is, make time in your morning to let God infuse peace into your soul.
- Pray while you put your clothes on – Here is a prayer from a spiritual manual that dates to 1856. It’s a prayer for when you are undressing, and carries some surprising spiritual symbolism. [Click here for the prayer]
- Renew your baptismal promises – Your baptismal promises are a great way to recommit your life to God. The promises reject Satan and all his works, while also professing your belief in God. They are an affirmation and a promise to follow the ways of God and not Satan.