The popular priest gave some helpful tips to his Instagram followers recently for changing our negative thoughts about other people.
We all do it sometimes — assume the worst of others. How can we stop this way of thinking?
Fr. Josh Johnson, a priest in the Archdiocese of New Orleans offers an easy step-by-step guide to help us shift out of this way of thinking and use it as an opportunity to grow closer to Jesus. He even recommends reading a very specific book of the Bible for this exercise.
Here’s Fr Josh’s recommended plan of action, and his Instagram post explaining it in detail below.
Fr. Josh’s Plan of Action
1. Acknowledge the thought you are having.
2. Reject the thought in the name of Jesus.
3. Communicate with God your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations.
4. Listen to God in the Sacred Scripture, specifically by reading the Book of Proverbs.
5. Bring this to life with a question to the person you are having negative thoughts about.