Saturday night, I attended the party celebrating the ordination of Deacon Dean Dobbins, from the next parish over, Our Lady of Mercy in Forest Hills. Sunday, I was privileged to vest and take part in Dean’s Mass of Thanksgiving. It was a great opportunity to celebrate the ministry and the dedicated men who give their lives to it. Ad multos annos, Deacon Dean!
Celebrating diakonia in Queens
Deacon Greg Kandra - published on 05/24/15
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in seven languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!
This morning prayer is easy to memorize
5 Curious things you might not know about Catholicism
Did Jesus know his grandparents?
Reconstructing a 12th-century pipe organ discovered in the Holy L...
This prayer to St. Anthony is said to have “never been know...
5 Ways grandparents impact our lives for the better
Simplify your life and honor your body with these 5 natural perso...