Seoul Archdiocese wants to become the ecclesiastical version of a dandelion, spreading priests the world over to “fall on good soil,” as Jesus said. On Feb. 3, Seoul Archdiocese ordained 27 priests making the total number in the archdiocese 892. Archbishop Osvaldo Padilla, apostolic nuncio to Korea, was at the ordination in Seoul. “Now that churches worldwide suffer a lack of priests, the number of priests in this archdiocese is a blessing not only to churches in Korea, but the world,” the archbishop said. Cardinal Andrew Yeom Soo-jung of Seoul said that he wanted to share his priests with the wider world. “Churches in Europe are suffering from a lack of priests. I hope more and more priests will go abroad and do their missionary works,” he said. “As Pope Francis wants our archdiocese to play an important role in the Asian church and the world, we should grow up to be a more giving church,” the prelate said. “Although our archdiocese is still growing, we need to reflect on our role as the salt and light of the world which is full of selfishness and secularism. Our priests need to care for socially vulnerable people and be ‘rice’ to others,” Cardinal Yeom said.
Heart and Seoul: South Korea wants to share its priests with the world
Ã»ÁÖ±³±¸ »çÁ¦ ¼Ç°½Ä (Ã»ÁÖ=¿¬ÇÕ´º½º) ÀÌ½Â¹Î ±âÀÚ = 10ÀÏ ¿ÀÀü Ã»ÁÖ½Ã ¼¿ø±¸ Ã¼À°°ü¿¡¼ ¿¸° ÃµÁÖ±³ Ã»ÁÖ±³±¸ »çÁ¦¡¤ºÎÁ¦ ¼Ç°½Ä¿¡¼ ºÎÁ¦µéÀÌ ¶¥¿¡ ¾þµå·Á ±âµµÇÏ°í ÀÖ´Ù. 2017.1.10 firstname.lastname@example.org/2017-01-10 11:55:42/
Deacon Greg Kandra - published on 02/15/17
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in seven languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!