The video here, from CNN, is remarkable for a number of reasons—including the dignity the newscaster shows the church and its parishioners. (It’s also one of the few times I’ve heard a reporter use the verb “celebrate” with Mass; usually reporters talk about how people “attend” Mass or “hear” Mass.)
Grace of God: Tornado destroys Texas Catholic church—but statue of Mary survives
Deacon Greg Kandra - published on 04/30/17
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in seven languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!