Tulsa Police are looking for whoever vandalized Saint Augustine Catholic Church on Apache near North Lewis Saturday. No one was injured but the front window has been shattered and so was a statue of The Virgin Mary. Wenona Hurd has been going to the church for more than 20 years. She was on her way inside to help set up when she saw the broken glass and called police.
Vandals use statue of Virgin Mary to smash door, break into Tulsa Catholic church
Deacon Greg Kandra - published on 02/19/18
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!