Following the sudden death, which occurred late on the past Thursday, August 27, of the former Apostolic Nuncio Jozef Wesołowski, the Office of the Vatican’s Promoter of Justice [the Vatican prosecutor], as part of the obligations of its authority, ordered the execution of an autopsy examination, appointing a Commission of three experts, coordinated by Prof. Giovanni Arcudi, Professor of Forensic Medicine at the University of Rome Tor Vergata. The investigations took place [Friday] afternoon and, according to the first conclusions reached on the basis of macroscopic examination, confirmed the natural cause of death, attributable to cardiac event. In the coming days the Office of the Promoter of Justice will acquire the further findings of the usual laboratory tests carried out by the aforementoned Commission.
Vatican says autopsy reveals disgraced former nuncio died of natural causes
Deacon Greg Kandra - published on 08/29/15
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!