We remember the selfless love with which they cared for us when we were most vulnerable, the tears they dried and fears they soothed when we were troubled, the encouragement they offered when we had little faith in our own abilities, the guidance they provided when we felt lost, the lost sleep and worries they endured when we were sick or simply growing up, the strength it took to hold us close, yet let us fly.
Not all our mothers lived up to the ideal of parenthood either due to bad choices or circumstances beyond their control. Today we pray for them as well.
Touch them with your healing grace and wisdom. And if we carry in our hearts any lingering bitterness or resentment about their shortcomings, touch us with your grace and wisdom too so that we can move forward toward a brighter future instead of remaining stuck in a dark past.
We pray that our mothers who are no longer with us are embraced by Your love in the next life.
We pray that future mothers, expectant mothers and new mothers
Experience the joys that come from putting a child’s needs ahead of their own, even when the sacrifices seem challenging.
We pray that our mothers who are still living experience Your enduring and ever-present love through the appreciation and gratitude that we, their children, show them not just this Mother’s Day, but throughout the year.
In union with Mary, our spiritual mother to whom we can always turn for help and guidance, we ask your generous blessings.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!