The Cardinal Shehan Middle School Choir (school website here) has generated 21 million views and counting with their version of the song “Rise Up” in recent days, so today, “Good Morning America” brought the young people from Baltimore to New York City to perform live on the show. During the interview portion, one of the students said that they are a school dedicated to peace and their motto is, “The peace you see is the Jesus in me.” Now there’s a motto that’s worth spreading around and living out more fully, along the lines of the St. Francis prayer’s “Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.” The Archdiocese of Baltimore can be very proud of their young students. You can watch the full GMA video here.
Cardinal Shehan choir motto: “The peace you see is the Jesus in me”
Tony Rossi - published on 10/18/17
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in seven languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!