Bishop Caggiano was assigned as parochial vicar in the Shrine Church of Saint Jude in Canarsie in June, 1996. He was also appointed the Dean of Formation for the Permanent Diaconate Program and the Censor Librorum of the Diocese. As Dean, he oversaw the spiritual and theological formation of the men who were preparing for ordination as permanent deacons for our Diocese.
In June, 2002, Bishop Daily appointed Bishop Caggiano as the Director of the Permanent Diaconate Office. Among his duties was to oversee the revision of the formation program for men studying to serve as deacons in light of the Directory for the Ministry and Life of Permanent Deacons (1998) and related documents. A second task was to create an ongoing formation program for deacons already assigned to ministry.
Bridgeport deacons should be very happy today.
Read the rest of his biography. There are some fascinating tidbits.
Meantime, one memorable quote from this morning’s presser:
When asked about his hobbies, Bishop Caggiano replied, “I’m an avid Mets fan. I’m a man of hope.”
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!