Catholics of the British Isles are organizing a massive prayer circle which they hope will stretch the length of the British coast. Rosary on the Coast was inspired by similar events which took place in Poland and Ireland and will come to England, Scotland, and Wales in time for the 50th anniversary of the Abortion Act, which came into effect on April 27, 1968.
The gathered faithful will pray for Our Lady to arouse a renewal of the Christian faith in Britain, for an end of the scourge of abortion, and to bring peace to all nations. Bishop John Keenan, Diocese of Paisley, Scotland, made a video in which he calls for all British Catholics to take part in this faith-filled national effort.
The Catholic Herald reminds us that the previous events, in Poland and Ireland, were incredibly successful. If they are any indication then we may see thousands on the beaches of Britain, in April:
The mass-rosary prayer in Poland saw hundreds of thousands of Catholics pray the rosary around the country’s borders. Poles gathered at around 4,000 locations to commemorate the centenary of the apparitions at Fatima, and implore protection for their homeland and for the world.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!