For the record: the picture in fact shows a woman named Tran Anh Phuong, a supporter of ChildrenVietnam.org. An item about her quoted Mother Teresa, while noting that Ms. Phuong had recently died:
Our hearts and prayers go to the family of Tran Anh Phuong. Sam, Steven and Victoria Nguyen are friends and supporters of the Foundation. Her death is a great loss to the Vietnamese community. To continue her kindness and generosity, her family wishes that donations be made to the Foundation in her name. To donate online, please click “Contact/Donate” and include her name in your dedication. Or you can send a check payable to Foundation for Children of Vietnam, PO Box 2507, Rockville, MD 20852 and include “Tran Anh Phuong” in the Notes. All donations are tax-deductible. This is her bio as contributed by Sam Nguyen. Our beloved Mother, Tran Anh Phuong, passed away on April 20, 2008 after a long illness. She was the eldest child of Reverend Te Ngoc Tran and Mrs. Tot Thi Nguyen. She resided in Arlington, VA for the past 33 years.
The picture below, however, is really Anjezë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu, whom the world now knows as Mother Teresa—soon to be St. Teresa of Calcutta.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!