For the record: the picture in fact shows a woman named Tran Anh Phuong, a supporter of ChildrenVietnam.org. An item about her quoted Mother Teresa, while noting that Ms. Phuong had recently died:
Our hearts and prayers go to the family of Tran Anh Phuong. Sam, Steven and Victoria Nguyen are friends and supporters of the Foundation. Her death is a great loss to the Vietnamese community. To continue her kindness and generosity, her family wishes that donations be made to the Foundation in her name. To donate online, please click “Contact/Donate” and include her name in your dedication. Or you can send a check payable to Foundation for Children of Vietnam, PO Box 2507, Rockville, MD 20852 and include “Tran Anh Phuong” in the Notes. All donations are tax-deductible. This is her bio as contributed by Sam Nguyen. Our beloved Mother, Tran Anh Phuong, passed away on April 20, 2008 after a long illness. She was the eldest child of Reverend Te Ngoc Tran and Mrs. Tot Thi Nguyen. She resided in Arlington, VA for the past 33 years.
The picture below, however, is really Anjezë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu, whom the world now knows as Mother Teresa—soon to be St. Teresa of Calcutta.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!