Bishop Salvatore R. Matano ordained seven men to the order of deacon during a Mass at Sacred Heart Cathedral (Rochester, New York) May 27.
In the picture above: Bishop Salvatore R. Matano and Deacon John Brasley, director of deacon personnel and deacon formation, with the newly ordained deacons. (From left to right: Deacon Jeff Serbicki, Deacon Dermot Loughran, Deacon Timothy Hebding, Deacon Marcelo DeRisio, Bishop Salvatore R. Matano, Deacon James Briars, Deacon Jeffrey Chichester, Deacon James Fien and Deacon John Brasley.
You can read more about the men here.
Welcome, brothers, and congratulations! Ad multos annos!
Photo: Gina Capellazzi
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!