The Most Rev. Gregory L. Parkes ordained nine men from across Northwest Florida as permanent deacons on June 1 during a sacred Mass at the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart in Pensacola.
Permanent deacons function in support of the bishop, and serve at parishes to assist at worship and to serve those in need.
The men, and the parishes at which they will serve, are:
- Michael J. Theobald, 56, St. Dominic Parish, Panama City
- Michael R. Brown, 56, St. Mary Parish, Fort Walton Beach
- William J. Whibbs, 64, St. Paul Parish, Pensacola
- Andrew R. Grosmaire, 53, Good Shepherd Parish, Tallahassee
- Michael L. Symons, 54, St. Mary Parish, Fort Walton Beach
- Wayne G. Walker, 67, St. Mary Parish, Fort Walton Beach
- Raymond R. Aguado, 53, St. Ann Parish, Gulf Breeze
- Joseph W. Jacobs, 68, St. Louis Parish, Tallahassee
- Steven W. Snigg, 66, St. Dominic Parish, Panama City
Congratulations and welcome, brothers! Ad multos annos!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!