Four transitional deacons and one new permanent deacon were ordained by Bishop Daniel R. Jenky last Sunday.
From the Diocese of Peoria Facebook page: pictured here with Bishop Jenky after the Mass for the Ordination of Deacons at Holy Trinity Church in Bloomington are, from left, Msgr. James Kruse, vicar general; Deacon James Brewer; Deacon Matthew Hoelscher; Msgr. Brian Brownsey, director of priestly vocations; Deacon Kyle Lucas; Deacon Corey Krengiel; Deacon Chase Hilgenbrinck; and Msgr. Timothy Nolan, episcopal vicar for the permanent diaconate.
Congratulations and welcome, brothers! Ad multos annos!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!